Desert Plants to Avoid for Pet Safety September 30 2015
I just read a great article in the Desert Sun, Desert Plants to Avoid for Pet Safety by Dr. Gail Cutler who just happens to be our “Family Doctor” about desert plants that are common in in Desert Landscaping that can be toxic or poisonous to dogs and cats. Its so important that I thought I’d list the plants here and share below the link to the full article in you want to read more.
1. Lily Family Plants – especially important for cats
2. Sago Palm Trees – their seeds are very poisonous
4. Mexican or Red Bird of Paradise
6. Aloe – this one surprised me.
8. Citrus leaves, flowers or fruit
Common Desert Plants that my look poisonous but are not:
3. Most Cacti -although the thorns can be painful
4. Mesquite Tree Pods
To read more about the effects and dangers of these plants, read her full article at:
Thanks Dr. Cutler and Thank you for reading this. I hope it helps us keep our fur-babies safe.