10 Most Common Cat Poisons Around the House
I Know, I Know, its Spoiled “DOG” Designs, but many of my friends and fans have cats so I thought it was important to share this information also. After all, we want our cats to be safe also.
The 10 Most Common cat toxicity vet calls in 2011 (from VPI Pet Insurance) were:
- Lilies, such as Easter Asiatic and Tiger Lilies
- Insoluble oxalate plants, such as philodendron, and dieffenbachia.
- insecticides, such as canine spot-on flea/tick treatments and insecticidal sprays and shampoos
- Household cleaners, such as drain, window and surface cleaners
- Human and veterinary NSAIDS, such as ibuprofen (Motrin), naproxin (Alleve), carprofen, and meloxicam
- Amphetamines, such as ADD/ADHD drugs like Adderall and Concerta
- Mouse and rat poisons
- Antidepressants, such as Effexor, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin and Prozac
- Laundry detergents
- Paints, stains and varnishes
Lets keep these fur babies safe.
Thanks for reading.