On the Road Again….Pet Travel Tips
Angelo comes with me every year to SuperZoo, the annual Pet Industry Trade Show in Las Vegas. Its a 4-5 hour car ride from Palm Springs…depending on who’s driving…. through the back roads of the desert so we have to be prepared for a long ride between stops as well as emergencies.
Here’s a tip: Only fill the Food and Water Tray half full of water. When Angelo shakes, as he loves to do, he usually creates such a rattle that water shakes out if I fill the tray all the way to the top. But half full is plenty of water to keep him happy and he can shake all he wants and not shake out the water. You can imagine how great it is not having to try to get water out when he’s thirsty, open the bottle, pour it into something and bend my arm around to give him a drink while I’m driving on a desert back road. Talk about dangerous!
- Leash – I need to be able to walk him when we stop for gas
- Pick-up bags – He poops, I scoop
- Treats – I know I have to buy him off at sometime during the trip
- Bully Stick – Angelo doesn’t play with toys but he likes to chew on Bully Sticks which are 100% digestible and act like dental floss so I bring one for the ride.
- His Sunglasses – if the sun is shining directly into our eyes, he will want to wear his sunglasses because it hurts his eyes. (More on this in another post)
- A blanket or towel – Its hot in the desert (so why do I need a blanket, you’re wondering?) and the sun can be really hot shining in the window. So if that happens, I may want to use the blanket to make some shade for Angelo to sit under to avoid the direct sun.
- Plenty of extra water. What if we break down and it take AAA a while to get to us on those back roads? Its a hot summer day – we may not be able to run the car so we may not have air conditioning. We need plenty of extra water.
The post On the Road Again…. appeared first on Spoiled Dog Designs Blog.